Quick response (QR) codes may look like simple squares with a pattern of black and white dots, but they are powerful little tools that can be used in a variety of ways. QR codes can be used to track inventory, make contactless payments, and much more. In fact, according to a recent study, QR code usage saw a 94% growth in the number of interactions from 2018 to 2020. Most respondents agree that QR codes make life easier in the touchless world brought upon by the pandemic.
So how can you use QR codes in your custom web app? Keep reading to find out!
What is a QR Code?
A QR code is a two-dimensional code that can be read by devices with cameras, such as smartphones. QR codes look like simple squares with a pattern of black and white dots. However, these codes can store up to 4,296 alphanumeric characters of information. This makes them perfect for storing URLs, plain text, contact information, and more.
How to Use QR Codes in Custom Web Apps
There are many ways you can use QR codes in your custom web app. For example, you could use QR codes to track inventory or make contactless payments. Let's take a closer look at each of these uses:
1. Tracking Inventory: You can use QR codes to keep track of inventory levels in real time. Simply attach a QR code label to each item in your inventory. When an item is sold, scanned, or removed from the shelf, update the corresponding QR code accordingly. This will help you prevent oversells and ensure that you always have the products your customers need in stock.
2. Making Contactless Payments: Have you ever wished you could pay for something without having to fumble around for your wallet? With QR codes, contactless payments are a breeze! To make a payment, simply scan the QR code associated with the purchase and enter your payment information. Your payment will be processed instantly—no signatures or PIN numbers are required!
3. Collecting Customer Feedback: You can use QR codes to collect customer feedback via surveys or polls. Simply create a survey or poll using a tool like SurveyMonkey or Google Forms, then generate a QR code that links directly to the survey or poll. Place the QR code somewhere visible (e.g., on your website or in your store), and encourage customers to scan it and give their feedback.
Five industries that can benefit from a custom web app created by Solutions Afoot using QR Code
1. Multi-Unit Franchisee/Licensee/Restaurants
In today's fast-paced world, there is no time like the present to make your business more efficient. One way of doing this? QR codes! Restaurant owners can use these little black squares on anything from fryers and fridges all the way up through POS systems; not only will it help keep track of what you have but also when the warranty expires or if possible replacement date might be soon coming around again. Solutions Afoot not only has experience in this area, they help the business create more streamlined tracking systems in just about every area of the business.
Hospitals are using QR codes to improve patient care and inventory management. For instance, the in-demand supplies can be ordered from a hospital's stock room by simply scanning one of these custom graphics with your phone or tablet’s camera—no more waiting on hold! The information about each order is also automatically saved into their medical record so that it will always stay fresh even if you switch hospitals later down the line (which we know most people do).
As hospitals employ this new technology for ease as well as efficiency gains like reduced turnaround time/ higher productivity levels coupled with improved quality assurance.
The production line is a complex system that churns out units one at a time. Every item has its own QR code, which makes tracking their history simple by enabling detailed insight into who made what and when it changed hands or inventory status was last updated for each machine involved in producing them – down to which components were used in the process!
Logistics is a complex field and requires an experienced eye to monitor all the data points that come with it. QR technology has proven itself time after time, from determining where packages should be routed inside warehouses or connecting workers with drivers for transparency in every step of logistics flow; this new tool will become more crucial than ever before as we move forward into the eCommerce age!
QR Codes are the future of marketing. They allow you to convert potential customers into leads by leading them on your mobile website, with no additional effort from their side! You could create campaigns that provide discounts or promotions through this simple scan code: Simply place it somewhere visible like inside an advertisement in order for people to see what they need while browsing around town - then check whether anyone clicks upon its link before leaving yours at home (or work).
6. Meetings, Conventions, Seminars, and Conferences
Having a QR code for conferences, meetings, and other events is an easy way to engage your attendees while also helping them learn more about what you have going on at the event. The interaction between strangers tends to be at its peak when there's some type of contest or giveaway which makes it even better that people unfamiliar with one another will come together in this setting!
QR codes offer businesses a quick and easy way to track inventory, make contactless payments, and collect customer feedback—all without having to download a separate app! If you're ready to start using QR codes in your custom web app, we can help. Our team of expert developers at Solutions Afoot will work with you to integrate QR code functionality into your app so you can start reaping the benefits right away. Contact us today to get started!
Copyright © 2023 | All Rights Reserved
Solutions Afoot, LLC | 336-505-4249
500 W 5th St, Winston-Salem, NC 27101